You, however, need to configure this in your browser.
- Open URL [http://localhost:8080/alfresco/service/api/search/engines] (replace localhost and 8080 with your alfresco server url). If OpenSearch is enabled, the following screen should come up.
- While this page is open, click on the browser search engine drop down on the right hand side of the address bar.
- Click on "Add Alfresco Keyword Search" - Alfresco OpenSearch search engine has now configured in your browser.
- Choose this search engine, type something in the search box, press enter.
- Alfresco would ask you for user credentials (if not logged in in Alfresco Explorer in this browser session). And as per your user credentials, the content search output will be displayed.
- Alfresco takes care of the user permission and scope automatically. There is no need to do any enhancements for this.
- The search executes onto across repository (as per the permission), this is not limited to only ''Sites''.
- The output is paginated. Also, the name of the document enables you to download this.